Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Smiles, Giggles, and a Snort or Two

I'm sitting here, blogging and craving M&Ms like a fiend. I don't know really what it is about M&Ms that has me loving them since Thanksgiving . The good thing is, I can eat a couple as I got my behind out of bed and ran this morning.

Therein lies today's blog, New Year's Resolutions. I don't make them, as I never keep them and then beat myself up about not keeping them. Being a mother, who works full time, plays soccer once a week, and tries to remain sane; it's quite difficult to even guess at a New Year's Resolution that I could keep. As I thought more and more about a resolution, I decided to shake things up and make a resolution this year, one I KNOW I can keep.

My resolution for 2011 is to be good to myself. It's generic, and the definition of that will change from week to week month to month. Overall, though, it'll be good things and I'll be a happy gal.  

I think in the rat race we call life, we lose sight of ourselves. We lose sight of what makes us happy, what music we really like, what we like on our pizza, how great a cup of coffee and a good talk with a friend really feels.  We stop noticing how much the smiles of our children make our hearts full, how handsome our husbands really are when they're playing with dolls on the floor with our kids, how our dogs really just love a good ear scratch and cuddle once in a while.  I feel like these are the things that put a true, big, toothy grin on my face which is then followed by a giggle and maybe even a snort or two.  

So for 2011, not only am I going to write for myself, I'm going to find myself again. I'm going to focus on what's real, and what's important and rise above the insanity of the everyday. I challenge all two of you who read this blog to do the same.  What makes you smile and snort?

1 comment:

  1. A very worthy endeavor, my dear. I have a bulletin board where I keep all the birth announcements, baby pictures and thank you cards we get. It's an instant dose of happy every time I stop and take a look at it.

    Be good to yourself today ;)

    - Liz

    ReplyDelete