Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Rat Race

Vacation is over.

Tomorrow I go back to the place that pays our bills.  I am not thrilled about this at all, but I've resigned myself to the fact that it's a necessary evil for my family and I.  It's not so much the job that I dislike, it's more the people at the job that drive me nuts. The political games and backstabbing sickens me, only because not everyone can see through it all. Mind you, it's not only the company I work for, it's Corporate America in general. It's not the majority of people either, it's just a token few, but I feel like that I'm in an episode of the Office on a daily basis. The good thing about that is the daily fits of laughter that occur while in my cube hell.  This is normally done at, I mean, with other people.

That said, back to the Rat Race I suppose. I'm going to turn over a new leaf in 2011 and conserve my energy for the things that really matter. Conserve my energy for myself, family, and friends.  I always lived in an illusion that I wanted to run the show, and now I'm kind of in the place where I'm going to run a show, but not that one, if that makes an ounce of sense. 

It is what it is...and off I go....

1 comment:

  1. You only have yourself to answer to at the end of your life, right? Don't let the bastards grind you down.

    I'm proud of you, Jane!

    ReplyDelete