Thursday, September 15, 2011

Changes, Changes, Changes

I know, I've been a bad little mommy blogger as my last blog post was April. APRIL! That is eons ago. So much has happened in our lives since then, it'd be futile to blog about it all, and probably would be boring to all three of you that are reading this. 

So, that said, this little discussion is about change.  Change does crazy things to people, some react with ease, some freak out, and some are in between.  In the last few months, I've received a promotion, we've decided to move, and Munchkin is in full on terrible two mode.  So it's been a lot of change. 

Notoriously, I've been a freak out type person when it comes to oodles of change coming at me all at once. This time around, I'm a bit freaky and kind of mellow...all in all, I'm having an identity crisis.  It's fall, my favorite time of the year, and if you think about it,  is a time of change as well.  So it's changes abound for the G family, and Mr. G and I haven't killed eachother....yet. 

There are so many articles and advice columns on how to adapt to change or stress management. Many of these things sound good in concept but when put into practice, find me rolling my eyes and saying "really? I hope my neighbors can't see me right now." Exercise is a great way to manage your stress from change, but I wish that I had enough time for that. Wait, I should rephrase that, I wish I had enough motivation for that.  I do in my head, but when it comes to getting up at 5 am, that motivation quickly dissolves.

So I say to you other fabulous readers, when managing a family, and a job, and all these other things, what tips and tricks work for you to maintain sanity?  Martinis do work, but those are not a realistic plan.........

Oh and I plan to be a better little blogger, I promise. Consider that part of my change management strategy.

No comments:

Post a Comment