Thursday, March 24, 2011

Don't Let the Door Hit Ya....

March....See ya March, as you're no longer welcome in the Jane household.  It has brought virus after virus to Munchkin and mommy and it's GOT TO GO!

Nothing breaks my heart more than when Munchkin is sick. I so wish I could do something, anything, to wave my mommy wand and make it all better. I'm sure most moms feel the same way.

Daycare has been a wonderful thing for Munchkin, she's well ahead in her development, talks like you wouldn't believe, she's well socialized, plays well etc. The one major drawback, GERMS. When you have kids they tell you that daycare is like a petri dish of nastiness, and you nod your head and smile. Then it comes home to you and your other family members, and you get it. The first bug I caught was when she was about six months. It started with her, then took me out, then onto Mr. Jane. Seems to be the norm, starts with Munchkin, onto me, completing the cycle with Mr. Jane.  Since Mr. Jane has been traveling during this episode of "which virus is it" it looks like I'm just waiting for the doom that is the stomach flu to hit me and he could be safe. This time at least.

I have no regrets about being a working mother. Well, actually, that's another blog for another time as that's not entirely true.  What I'm saying is, daycare has provided so much to Munchkin, I'm glad she goes. But as I sit here, watching her sleep soundly on the couch, her face pale, her skin on fire, I have a pain in my heart for her.  

So, all in all, goodbye March, don't the door hit ya. Consider this my foot in March's behind. Buh-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment